Friday, April 17, 2009

Class Struggle Removed

Since the renaissnace, the modern world has been plagued by class struggle.
Primarily seen in Europe, the lower class has waged a perpetual struggle against the higher class.
However, this quickly becomes a paradox.
Their can only be two outcomes:
  1. The lower class is defeated, and the higher class continues to take advantage of them
  2. The higher class is defeated, and a class swap occurs. In other words, the higher class becomes poor, and the lower class becomes rich, which inevitably ends in yet another struggle.
This is not to say that there have never been any attempts to solve this solution.
Communism is probably the quintessential example in this scenario.
However, with Communism, society leans toward the lower class, and the government is tempted with the possibility of achieving the higher class.

The internet ends this class struggle.
As you are reading this post, you do not know who I am by my past, nor my economic status.
You can only know who I am through my ideas.
I could be an MIT professor, or a janitor of a high school.
Either way, if my ideas are correct, then I am given credit.
If not, then my blogging entity is not respected.

Thus, if the only line of communication was through the internet, then classes would cease to exist.

What do you think?

Until next post,
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment